Recipe by Karen Bevers, Diet Counselor at Camp Shane CA
The vacation season is in full swing – and with it all the temptations of our favourite vacation desserts. These treats are sometimes filled with a lot of sugar, excessive in fats, and are straightforward to by chance overindulge in.
Immediately we’re sharing a more healthy different to a vacation favourite – Sugar Cookies! These cookies use a minimal quantity of butter – making them a decrease in fats selection. They’re additionally filled with entire wheat flour – and enhance extra vitamins than most sugar cookies.
Entire Wheat Sugar Cookies
This recipe yields 24 (3”) cookies
1 cups flour
1/2 cup entire wheat flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
4 oz unsalted butter, softened
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup gentle brown sugar
1 egg white
1 ¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon pure almond extract
- Whisk collectively flours, salt & baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars collectively in a separate medium bowl till gentle and fluffy. Scrape down sides of bowl earlier than including egg white, vanilla & almond extracts – beat till mixed.
- Regularly add flour combination to sugars. Cowl bowl with plastic wrap, and chill for no less than 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 325 levels Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mud a piece floor with flour. Place chilled dough onto work floor. Roll dough out to a ¼ inch thickness and use cookie cutters to chop shapes into dough. Switch these to baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes or till totally cooked. Take away cookies from oven and funky for five minutes. Switch the cookies to a wire rack to chill fully.
100 energy per cookie
Fats: 4 g
Carbs: 20 g
Protein: 1 g
The Camp Shane Crew