These Triple Berry Muffins are mild, fluffy, and just-sweet-enough with three kinds of juicy berries all through! They’re additionally extremely simple to make and use easy components you’re more likely to have in your kitchen. I used blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries and I feel the mixture of flavors and textures was scrumptious perfection. These had been an enormous hit with my household and my 5-year-old daughter needed these muffins for each meal and snack till they had been gone (after which she requested if we may make extra). Evidently, a tray of those muffins solely lasts a couple of days in our home, so I’m glad it’s really easy to make one other batch! Not solely are these lightened up Triple Berry Muffins easy and scrumptious, however each is simply 121 energy or 4 WW Factors every on the present Weight Watchers plan (or 5 Factors if following the diabetic WW plan). To view your present WW Factors for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or website, click on right here!
- Berries: I take advantage of blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries in these muffins and I completely advocate doing the identical as a result of for my part it provides an ideal stability of candy/tart and juicy berry taste. Nonetheless, I’m positive strawberries or no matter different berries you want would work as effectively. I might simply advocate slicing up the strawberries if utilizing.
- Applesauce: Unsweetened applesauce supplies an ideal neutral-flavored background to let the berries shine on this recipe whereas utilizing much less butter. Nonetheless, if you wish to change up the flavour profile, you’ll be able to substitute an equal quantity of mashed bananas for a enjoyable banana-berry twist!
- Various Sweeteners: I haven’t personally tried making these utilizing a zero-calorie sweetener instead of sugar, however I really feel assured that it will work out simply superb. Simply be sure that the sweetener you’re utilizing has a 1:1 substitution ratio with sugar in order that the sweetness degree isn’t off.
- Add-Ins: I feel sliced almonds or pecans can be nice in these in the event you’d like so as to add nuts! Needless to say this may after all have an effect on the diet info/WW factors listed in the event you’re monitoring both.
I really like how simply these Triple Berry Muffins come collectively, and so they’re nice to bake as soon as and eat all week! I haven’t frozen them but as a result of we simply preserve consuming all of them, however I’ve frozen comparable muffins very efficiently by simply wrapping each in plastic wrap as soon as they’re utterly cool and placing all of them collectively in a Ziploc freezer bag. You possibly can both defrost them to room temp or warmth them up within the microwave earlier than consuming. I really like having a freezer filled with muffin choices at my disposal at breakfast time!
Need extra tasty lightened up Muffins?
Searching for extra tasty forms of lightened up muffin recipes? Take a look at my Banana Zucchini Muffins, Morning Glory Muffins, Strawberry Rhubarb Muffins, Carrot Muffins, Chocolate Raspberry Muffins, Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Banana Blueberry Muffins, Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins, and extra within the Muffins part of my recipe index!
Triple Berry Muffins
These Triple Berry Muffins are simple, fluffy and just-sweet-enough with three kinds of juicy berries all through!
- 1 giant egg
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons mild butter, melted (I take advantage of Land O’Lakes mild butter unfold with canola oil within the tub)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups recent combined berries, (I used roughly equal quantities of blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
Pre-heat the oven to 375 levels. Frivolously mist a 12-count standard-sized muffin tin with cooking spray and put aside.
In a big mixing bowl, add the egg, applesauce, sugar, and vanilla extract and stir collectively till effectively mixed. Add the melted butter and stir collectively.
In a separate mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and whisk till mixed. Add the dry components to the moist components and stir collectively till mixed right into a batter. Add the berries and stir till combined all through.
Spoon the batter evenly amongst the wells within the ready muffin tin. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
*5 Factors every if following the diabetic plan
To view your WW Factors for this recipe and observe it within the WW app or website, click on right here!
Vitamin Data per (1 muffin) serving:
121 energy, 21 g carbs, 8 g sugars, 3 g fats, 1 g saturated fats, 2 g protein, 1 g fiber, 190 mg sodium (from myfitnesspal.com)
Weight Watchers Factors Plus:
3 per (1 muffin) serving (P+ calculated utilizing the recipe builder on weightwatchers.com)