It’s formally summer season and my strawberry kick goes sturdy. After I made you this attractive brown butter strawberry espresso cake just a few weeks again I mainly dreamt up this subsequent strawberry dessert that’s going to knock your socks off.
Please welcome this glorious strawberry crisp with a peanut butter oatmeal cookie crumble. Did she say peanut butter oatmeal cookie? For the topping? YES, sure she did.
This lovely strawberry crisp recipe is bursting with contemporary, completely jammy strawberries and whereas the topping doesn’t have literal cookies on prime (although, that may be scrumptious) it has an oatmeal crumble topping made with creamy peanut butter that tastes JUST like cookies.
For those who’ve made my strawberry crumble bars earlier than you’re going to like this summer season deal with. I, after all, needed to get just a little further with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle of darkish chocolate and WOW. The strawberry + peanut butter + chocolate combo was out of this world. Principally, a PB&J gone wild. We severely couldn’t cease sneaking bites all afternoon.
This one’s a should for the Fourth of July and you’ll even make it in your grill! Try all of my suggestions beneath and bear in mind to snap a pic of your creation in order that I can swoon together with you.
Wonderful strawberry crisp lightened as much as perfection
You’re going to fall in LOVE with this more healthy strawberry crisp recipe. Conventional crisps and crumbles are inclined to have a number of butter and sugar (which is completely advantageous!) however I selected to loosen up this recipe by lowering the butter and naturally sweetening the filling with just a little pure maple syrup. This strawberry crisp recipe can be:
- Gluten free due to gluten free oat flour and rolled oats.
- Simply vegan & dairy free by merely utilizing vegan butter!
Oh, and did I point out it’s completely DELICIOUS?
Every thing you’ll must make the very best strawberry crisp
You’ll be shocked about how easy the elements are for this simple strawberry crisp, but how unimaginable and *fancy* it appears when it comes out. Right here’s what you’ll must make it:
- Strawberries: the star of the present is, after all, contemporary strawberries! I like to recommend utilizing vibrant coloured strawberries that aren’t overly ripe.
- Sweetener: you’ll want some pure maple syrup for the filling, and a few brown sugar for the crumble topping. Learn to make your individual brown sugar right here!
- Flour: we’re utilizing a mixture of oat flour and rolled oats to make the proper crumble topping. Be happy to make use of gluten free oat flour & rolled oats to maintain all the crisp gluten free.
- Peanut butter: what makes this strawberry crisp further particular is the peanut butter oatmeal cookie crumble. You’ll combine pure, creamy peanut butter proper in with the remainder of the crumble topping elements and the flavour combo tastes JUST like a peanut butter cookie. Use the code ‘AMBITIOUS15’ for 15% off my fav model, Wild Good friends!
- Butter: you’ll additionally want just a little butter or vegan butter to create these good clumps within the crumble topping.
- Baking staples: don’t neglect just a little cornstarch or arrowroot starch and vanilla for the filling, plus cinnamon for the topping.
- Non-compulsory topping: I like topping this strawberry crisp with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and a drizzle of chocolate chips melted with coconut oil. YUM.
Make your individual oat flour
Simply make your individual oat flour proper at residence with this easy tutorial! Trace: it simply requires rolled oats, which you’ll even be utilizing within the recipe.
Can I exploit common flour?
Positive! Whereas making your individual oat flour is extremely simple, you may also use common, all function flour within the topping.
Can I exploit frozen strawberries?
Positive! I’d advocate thawing your strawberries first, draining the liquid, then utilizing them within the recipe. You might also must quarter them as many frozen strawberry luggage include entire strawberries.
Excellent strawberry crisp in 5 simple steps
- Prep your pan. Grease an oven secure 10-inch skillet or a 9×9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. I like the look of this strawberry crisp in a skillet!
- Add the filling. Add your quartered strawberries and the remainder of the filling elements straight to your pan or skillet and stir all of it collectively effectively.
- Make the topping. Combine collectively the melted butter and peanut butter, then combine in the remainder of the topping elements till a cookie dough consistency types. Sprinkle the topping all around the strawberries.
- Bake & cool. Bake your strawberry crisp till the filling is bubbly and the topping is sweet and golden brown. Let it cool earlier than including any toppings.
- Add the topping & devour. For those who’d like, soften the chocolate chips with coconut oil within the microwave, drizzle it over the cooled strawberry crisp, scoop and serve with some vanilla bean ice cream.
make strawberry crisp on the grill
When it’s too scorching to activate the oven, strive grilling your strawberry crisp as a substitute!
- Preheat your grill. Activate a burner on just one facet of your grill to 375 levels F or medium excessive warmth.
- Prep your crisp. Comply with the strawberry crisp recipe up till you’re able to bake it. When you’ve added the entire strawberry filling and the crumble topping to a forged iron skillet, cowl the skillet with tinfoil.
- Grill your crisp. Place the skillet on the alternative facet of the burner that’s lit. That is so that you’re not directly cooking the strawberry crisp and keep away from burning it. Bake the crisp for 45 minutes – 1 hour, or till the topping is golden brown and the filling is effervescent.
- Take away & serve. Your grill mitts are particularly helpful right here! Use them to take away the skillet from the grill, let the pear crisp cool after which serve heat.
Prep your strawberry crisp forward of time
For those who’re serving a crowd later or simply need to save a while, you may truly make this strawberry crisp forward of time! Simply put together the entire thing as directed however earlier than baking it, cowl it with aluminum foil, and place it within the fridge. Bake the strawberry crisp as directed everytime you’re able to serve it.
Storing & freezing suggestions
- Within the fridge: retailer any leftover strawberry crisp in an hermetic container within the fridge. Merely heat it up a bit within the microwave or get pleasure from chilly straight from the fridge.
- Within the freezer: this strawberry crisp is freezer-friendly! Assemble the crisp however don’t bake it. Cowl it effectively with aluminum foil and switch it to the freezer for as much as 3 months. Bake the frozen strawberry crisp at 350 levels for about an hour or till it’s golden and bubbly.
Extra contemporary fruit desserts you’ll love
Get all of my contemporary fruit dessert recipes right here!
I hope you’re keen on this strawberry crisp with peanut butter oatmeal cookie crumble! For those who make it you’ll want to depart a remark and a ranking so I understand how you favored it. Take pleasure in, xo!
Strawberry Crisp with Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Crumble
Unbelievable strawberry crisp with a scrumptious peanut butter oatmeal cookie crumble topping. This simple, gluten free strawberry crisp recipe is definitely made vegan and dairy free and is crammed with juicy, contemporary strawberry taste. Add a scoop of ice cream and a drizzle of darkish chocolate for the final word summer season dessert!
- Moist elements:
strawberries, hulled and quartered
pure maple syrup
cornstarch (or arrowroot starch)
- Dry elements:
salted butter, melted (or sub vegan butter)
pure peanut butter
oat flour (or sub all function flour)
packed brown sugar
- For the topping (non-compulsory, however so good!):
darkish chocolate chips, dairy free/vegan if desired
Preheat your oven to 350 levels F. Grease a 10-inch oven secure skillet or a 9×9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Place strawberries to the ready pan after which add in maple syrup, cornstarch and vanilla extract. Stir till it’s effectively integrated. I discover that it’s simpler to do that immediately within the pan you will use to keep away from further dishes, however you might be greater than welcome to combine the elements in a bowl after which add to the pan.
Make the topping: in a medium bowl, combine collectively the melted butter and peanut butter till clean and effectively mixed. Add within the oat flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon combine till effectively mixed and it types right into a ‘cookie dough’ consistency. Sprinkle the combination evenly over the strawberries, it’s okay if it doesn’t totally cowl the fruit. We wish these attractive strawberries poking by!
Bake for 40-50 minutes till the filling is effervescent and the topping is sweet and golden brown. Take away from the oven and permit to chill for 10 minutes earlier than topping with the non-compulsory chocolate drizzle.
As soon as prepared for the (non-compulsory) chocolate drizzle: add 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small microwave secure bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, till chocolate is melted. Drizzle over the strawberry crisp, then scoop it up into bowls and prime with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! Serves 9.
To make it gluten free: use gluten free rolled oats and gluten free oat flour within the topping.
To make it vegan: merely use vegan butter within the crumble topping.
Make it forward of time: put together the entire strawberry crisp as directed, however earlier than baking it cowl it with foil and place it within the fridge. Bake it as directed everytime you’re able to serve it.
See the total publish to learn to grill your strawberry crisp!
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats