Grilled Rooster Chickpea Salad is a contemporary and easy high-protein lunch that may be eaten chilly on the go at work, the seaside, or anyplace else you’re headed this summer time.
Grilled Rooster Chickpea Salad
This Grilled Rooster Chickpea Salad is topped with feta cheese, a simple and cheap lunch . Chickpeas are one in all my favourite pantry staples – I at all times have a can on hand. Every serving of this salad has 30 grams of protein, which you’ll improve by including extra grilled rooster or leftover rooster breast from a roasted rooster. It’s additionally excessive in fiber. Easier, budget-friendly high-protein lunch recipes are this Chickpea Tuna Salad, Spicy Canned Salmon Rice Bowl, and Savory Cottage Cheese Bowl.
Chickpeas are one in all my favourite legumes so I at all times hold my pantry stocked with cans. It’s a terrific pantry staple, that’s cheap and loaded with fiber! In case you’re on a excessive protein food regimen, you possibly can take a look at all my excessive protein recipes right here.
Grilled Rooster Chickpea Salad Components
Listed below are the substances on this Greek-inspired chickpea salad.
- Protein: Grilled rooster, chickpeas, feta
- Greens: Mini cucumbers, grape or cherry tomatoes, crimson onion
- Dressing: Further virgin olive oil, lemon juice
- Seasoning: Salt, dried oregano
Tips on how to Meal Prep
This rooster chickpea salad recipe makes sufficient for 2 servings, however be happy to double or triple the recipe to feed extra individuals. You’ll be able to meal prep this salad the evening earlier than you propose on consuming it.
- Mix the rooster, chickpeas, and greens with half of the lemon juice and olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Divide into two food-storage containers, and high with feta, oregano, and the remaining lemon and oil.
- Chickpeas: You’ll be able to swap the chickpeas for canned white beans.
- Cucumber: I used mini cucumbers, which have a skinny pores and skin and don’t require peeling. An English or Persian cucumber would additionally work when you can’t discover the mini ones. In case you purchase an everyday cucumber, peel the pores and skin off because it’s thicker and extra bitter.
- Onion: Swap crimson onion for shallot.
- Tomatoes: Sub sundried tomatoes for contemporary.
- Greens: Add avocado or bell pepper for extra veggies.
- Lettuce: Serve this rooster chickpea salad over blended greens or chopped romaine.
- Cheese: In case you don’t like feta, skip it.
- Herbs: Substitute dried basil or thyme for oregano or use contemporary herbs.
Extra Chickpea Salad Recipes You’ll Love:
Grilled Rooster Feta Chickpea Salad
- 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz grilled rooster, or leftover breast from a rotisserie, diced
- 1 tablespoon further virgin olive oil
- 2 mini cucumbers, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup crimson onion
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 oz feta, crumbled
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
Mix chickpeas, rooster, cucumbers, tomato and crimson onion with 1/2 the lemon, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and salt and toss.
Divide on 2 plates and high with feta, dried oregano and remaining lemon juice and olive oil.
Serving: 13/4 cups, Energy: 462kcal, Carbohydrates: 41g, Protein: 34g, Fats: 19.5g, Saturated Fats: 6g, Ldl cholesterol: 73.5mg, Sodium: 1103mg, Fiber: 11.5g, Sugar: 16g
Key phrases: chilly lunch concepts, grilled rooster and chickpeas, excessive protein lunch concepts, non sandwich lunch concepts, salad concepts