Recent is the temper this time of 12 months, and I’ve a recipe so that you can match: Grilled Hen Breast with Strawberry Avocado Salsa.
This grilled hen recipe is a shining instance of the easy, scrumptious pleasure that happens when acquainted, particular person substances unite to create one thing new and extra pleasant than they may ever be aside.
It has the fresh-but-familiar feeling of an previous good friend who can nonetheless shock you.
It’s the summer season berries and juicy Grilled Hen you’ve liked since childhood, offered in a brand new, surprising approach (like on this summery Grilled Naan Pizza with Strawberry Hen and Avocado).
- This strawberry grilled hen recipe begins with a energetic cilantro-lime marinade that brightens and tenderizes the hen.
- It’s topped with a implausible strawberry avocado salsa that will turn out to be a quick home favourite. Strive it on a complete number of grilled meats (and even with Grilled Halloumi Cheese).
5 Star Evaluation
“We made this recipe as written and it was scrumptious. A keeper for decent summer season nights for certain.”
— Julie —
The right way to Make Grilled Hen Breast with Strawberry Avocado Salsa
With a chunky mixture of vibrant substances that improve and steadiness each other, this wholesome strawberry salsa with avocado is the proper associate to succulent juicy grilled hen breasts (or Grilled Hen Tenders).
- Strawberries. With extra vitamin C than an orange and loaded with antioxidants, strawberries flip this fruity salsa recipe right into a fruity superfood salsa recipe. (Avoid wasting strawberries and make this Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie for dessert!)
- Avocado. Masses this salsa with filling and satisfying wholesome monounsaturated fat together with potassium, fiber, and vitamin Ok.
Anxious your avocados won’t be fairly ripe sufficient for dinner tomorrow? You may velocity up the avocado-ripening course of by placing an avocado in a sealed paper bag with a banana, apple, or kiwi you might have hanging out in your kitchen. These fruits produce what’s known as ethylene gasoline, a plant hormone, that aids the ripening course of.
- Cilantro. For freshness and extra vibrant inexperienced shade.
- Crimson Onion. Provides contrasting crunch and zip to the creamy avocado and juicy purple strawberries.
- Jalapeño. For a delicate kick of warmth. (When you’ve got additional jalapeños, serve this recipe with a pitcher of my favourite Spicy Margarita recipe.)
- Lime. Lends a bit tang and brightness to the salsa which additionally helps protect the colour of the brilliant inexperienced avocados.
- Honey. Provides again in simply the correct amount of sweetness to counter the acidity of the lime.
- Hen Breasts. Lean, filled with protein, and their gentle style is ideal for absorbing all of the yummy marinade with out overpowering the berries.
- Marinade. Any citrus-based marinade (like this Hen Marinade and this Hen Thigh Marinade) could be pretty with the strawberry salsa. I extremely advocate attempting this zippy mix of recent lime juice and zest, honey, olive oil, and garlic sooner or later!
- Pound the hen to a fair thickness utilizing a meat mallet.
- Whisk collectively the marinade substances.
- Pour over the hen and refrigerate for not less than 1 hour.
- Mix all of the salsa substances besides the avocado.
You may ease the “chunk” of the purple onion by soaking it in a small bowl of water. The longer you soak, the much less chunk the onion could have. You may, after all, skip this should you get pleasure from uncooked purple onion simply as it’s.
- Toss collectively gently.
- Fold within the avocado; maintain it chunky.
- Grill the hen, take away, and let relaxation. Serve hen topped generously with the strawberry and avocado salsa. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. Retailer leftover strawberry salsa with avocado within the fridge for as much as 1 day. Leftover grilled hen may be refrigerated for as much as 3 days.
Along with being a strawberry topping for hen, this fruit salsa can also be yummy dipped with chips or tossed with greens, leftover grilled hen, and a easy French dressing. For a dressing, attempt changing the balsamic vinegar with lime juice within the dressing used for this Balsamic Hen Salad with Blackberry or this Peach Salad (omit the Dijon).
What to Serve with Strawberry Avocado Salsa
Grilled Salmon in Foil
Grilled Pork Chops
Really useful Instruments to Make this Recipe
- Indoor Grill Pan. Superb should you don’t have an outside grill, and you can also make these Grilled Hen Kabobs too.
- Fish Spatula. My favourite for flipping hen, burgers, pancakes, roasted veggies…you identify it!)
- Grill Spatula. If you happen to’re on the lookout for one thing sturdier for grilling the hen (tongs work properly too).
The Greatest Grill Pan
This pre-seasoned forged iron griddle is ideal for grilling inside in your range on wet days or within the winter.
Hearth up that grill, stir collectively some salsa, and let’s maintain it recent!
Incessantly Requested Questions
When utilizing citrus-based marinades, I don’t advocate permitting the meat to soak for greater than 24 hours. After 24 hours, the acid within the limes will start to interrupt down the meat tissue inflicting the hen to turn out to be overly tender (i.e. mushy), which isn’t perfect.
Completely! If you happen to would not have entry to an outside grill, you’ll be able to actually grill hen on the stovetop utilizing a grill pan or heavy cast-iron skillet.
I don’t advocate freezing this salsa, as it is going to turn out to be watery and lose its texture as soon as thawed.
For the Hen:
- 2 kilos boneless skinless hen breasts or thighs, trimmed of extra fats
- 1 tablespoon lime zest from about 2 limes
- 1/4 cup recent lime juice from the identical 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons additional virgin olive oil plus extra for oiling the grill
- 2 cloves garlic minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey omit to make the recipe Whole30 or Paleo
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 1/4 cup recent cilantro chopped leaves and tender stems
For the Strawberry Avocado Topping:
- 1/2 small purple onion diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup strawberries diced (roughly 2/3 dry pint of complete strawberries)
- 1 medium jalapeno cored seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons recent cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 small/medium lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey omit to make the recipe Whole30 or Paleo
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (as much as 1/2 teaspoon, alter quantity to style)
- 1 medium avocado diced
Place the hen breasts on a reducing board with some area between them and canopy with a big piece of plastic wrap. With a mallet, evenly pound the meat to a fair thickness so that every piece cooks evenly. Place in a big ziptop bag.
In a small bowl or massive measuring cup, whisk collectively the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, honey, salt, pepper, and cilantro.
Pour over the hen, seal the bag, then “squish” to coat the hen evenly. Refrigerate for 1 hour or as much as 1 day, rotating the bag a couple of times if time (and reminiscence) enable.
When able to grill, take away the hen from the fridge and let stand at room temperature for not less than 10 minutes. Preheat an outside grill or indoor grill pan to medium-high (about 425 to 450 levels F).
Whereas the grill preheats, put together the strawberry salsa: Place the purple onion in a small bowl and canopy with extremely popular faucet water (this takes off a number of the purple onion’s chunk whereas preserving its taste. You may skip this step should you like uncooked purple onion simply as it’s). Put aside
In a mixing bowl, add the strawberries, purple onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, honey, and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
Stir gently to mix.
Fold within the avocado. Style and add a bit extra salt should you really feel it tastes a bit too flat or extra honey whether it is too spicy.
Evenly oil the grill. Grill the hen till fully cooked by means of and the temperature on an instant-read thermometer reads 160 to 165 levels, about 8 to 12 minutes whole, flipping the hen a couple of times all through. The period of time you want will differ based mostly on the dimensions and thickness of every breast. Take away to a plate, cowl, and let relaxation for five minutes.
Switch the hen to serving plates and prime every with just a few beneficiant spoonfuls of the strawberry salsa. Take pleasure in instantly.
- TO STORE: Retailer leftover strawberry salsa with avocado within the fridge for as much as 1 day. Leftover grilled hen may be refrigerated for as much as 3 days.
- Diet data is supposed to be an estimate and has been calculated with half the quantity of marinade, as some is discarded. If you happen to’d prefer to calculate it in another way, you are able to do so free of charge at myfitnesspal.com.
Serving: 1(of 4)Energy: 408kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 50gFats: 17gSaturated Fats: 3gPolyunsaturated Fats: 2gMonounsaturated Fats: 9gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 145mgPotassium: 1229mgFiber: 5gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 254IUVitamin C: 48mgCalcium: 36mgIron: 1mg
Be part of right now and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite initiatives and tutorials.
Strive grilled hen breasts topped with one in every of these different wholesome dip recipes: