Flank steak is scrumptious when it’s marinated in Cuban flavors and grilled, and this tasty Grilled Cuban Flank Steak is an ideal concept for a low-carb meal.
PIN the Cuban Flank Steak to make it later!
In one among my earlier lives, earlier than I turned a meals blogger and a carb-conscious eater, I used to be president of my native trainer’s affiliation, aka the trainer’s union. This was a demanding high-pressure job that I typically liked, typically hated, however one factor I did take pleasure in in regards to the job was the possibility to journey.
I went all around the U.S. for conferences, and it was in Miami Seashore that I had my first expertise with Cuban meals. I liked the way in which beef and pork had been marinated in lime juice within the Cuban delicacies, so a couple of years in the past I attempted to re-create that taste on this flank steak, and it was a winner with the oldsters I attempted it out on! Now this Grilled Cuban Flank Steak is one among my most-used methods to prepare dinner beef on the grill.
I’m that includes this favourite recipe as my choose for Friday Favorites this week, hoping I can entice you to strive it quickly! If you happen to’re grilling for beef-lovers, I can promise this will likely be successful.
What substances do you want for this recipe?
What’s flank steak?
Flank steak is definitely a chunk of meat from the stomach muscle tissue of the cow and it’s very lean, which is why it is a lower of beef that’s good to be marinated. It’s additionally greatest cooked shortly over excessive warmth. When the flank steak is finished, it must be sliced in opposition to the grain of the meat.
How will you inform when meat is finished on the grill?
When you’ve got one, I like to recommend utilizing an Immediate Learn Meat Thermometer (affiliate hyperlink) to test the temperature of meat on the grill. Flank steak is greatest when it’s not cooked to greater than medium; listed below are the really useful temperatures: Uncommon (Cool pink heart) 125 F/51C, Medium-Uncommon (Heat pink heart) 135F/54C, Medium (Rosy pink heart) 145F62C.
What in case you don’t have an outside grill?
If you happen to don’t have an outside grill (or it’s not grilling climate) these tasty recipes for beef, flank steak can particular be cooked at excessive warmth on a stove-top grill pan with ridges or George Foreman Grill. (affiliate hyperlinks)
Need extra concepts for beef cooked on the grill?
I do know beef is dearer lately, however in case you nonetheless like a pleasant piece of beef cooked on the grill you’ll find concepts in my round-ups for Superb Low-Carb and Keto Beef Steak on the Grill and Low-Carb and Keto Beef, Pork, and Lamb on the Grill.
Find out how to make Grilled Cuban Flank Steak:
(Scroll down for full printable recipe together with dietary data.)
- You may’t learn the value, however this lean flank steak I bought at my native market was a cut price.
- Mix recent lime juice, olive oil, cumin, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, soy sauce, Chipotle chile pepper (or scorching sauce), and lime zest (if utilizing).
- Put the steak in a Ziploc bag or plastic container with a tight-fitting lid, pour in marinade, and marinate within the fridge for 8 hours (or as much as 24 hours.)
- When it’s time to prepare dinner, let meat come to room temperature when you oil the grill and preheat to medium excessive.
- Then grill to desired temperature, 125 F/51C for uncommon, 135F/54C for medium uncommon, or 145F62C for medium.
- Flank steak is greatest when it’s not cooked above medium. I take advantage of an Immediate Learn Meat Thermometer (affiliate hyperlink) to test the temperature.
- When meat is finished, let it relaxation for five minutes earlier than you slice it.
- Reduce meat into skinny slices and serve with recent lime items on the facet to squeeze over the meat whenever you eat it. (I might have lower mine slightly thinner however that didn’t cease us from devouring it!)
Make it a Low-Carb Meal:
For a low-carb meal this Grilled Cuban Flank Steak would style nice with Marinated Contemporary Mozzarella with Herbs, Grilled Zucchini Greek Salad, Summer time Tomato Salad with Goat Cheese, Grilled Mushrooms, or Straightforward Grilled Greens.
Favourite Recipes for Beef on the Grill:
Grilled Flatiron Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Carol’s Straightforward Steak Marinade
Low-Carb Marinated Beef Kabobs
Pan-Grilled Steak with Olive Sauce
- 1 giant piece of flank steak (this recipes makes sufficient marinade for 3 kilos of meat)
- 1/3 cup recent lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. floor cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 T soy sauce (see notes)
- 1/2 tsp. floor chipotle chile powder (or use your favourite scorching sauce)
- 2 tsp. lime zest (elective)
- Mix marinade substances. Put flank steak right into a ziploc bag and pour marinade in, seal bag, and marinate all day in fridge. (You may marinate as much as 24 hours if desired.)
- Take meat out of fridge and let it come to room temperature earlier than grilling.
- Oil the grill with a paper towel dipped in olive oil, then preheat fuel or charcoal barbecue grill to medium-high (you’ll be able to solely hold your hand there for a couple of seconds.)
- Grill meat to desired doneness, roughly 4-5 minutes per facet for uncommon to medium uncommon or 6 minutes for medium. I wouldn’t prepare dinner flank steak greater than medium or it is going to be robust.
- Cooking time will rely on the thickness of your flank steak, one of the simplest ways to evaluate the doneness is to make use of an Immediate Learn Meat Thermometer (affiliate hyperlink), cooking to 140-145 for medium uncommon or 155-160 for medium. (The meat within the photograph was cooked about 5 minutes per facet.
- Take away meat from grill and let relaxation about 5 minutes. (You may cowl with foil to maintain it heat if wanted.)
- Slice throughout the grain and serve scorching, with slices of recent lime to squeeze on the meat.
You may sub coconut aminos for the soy sauce for a Paleo model of this.
Recipe created by Kalyn.
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 117Whole Fats: 10gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 8gLdl cholesterol: 11mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
Diet data is routinely calculated by the Recipe Plug-In I’m utilizing. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy, since many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low-Carb Weight loss program / Low-Glycemic Weight loss program / South Seashore Weight loss program Strategies:
This Flank Steak is an ideal most important dish for any sort of low-carb or Keto consuming plan or any section of the unique South Seashore Weight loss program. If you happen to’re making this for the South Seashore Weight loss program, bear in mind the rule of thumb to decide on meat with lower than 10% fats.
Discover Extra Recipes Like This One:
Use Grilling Recipes to search out extra recipes like this one. Use the Weight loss program Sort Index to search out extra recipes appropriate for a particular consuming plan. You may additionally prefer to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Fb, on Instagram, or on YouTube to see all the nice recipes I’m sharing there.
Historic Notes for this Recipe:
This recipe was first posted in 2006, and I’ve been making it since that point. It was final up to date with extra data in 2022.
We’re a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a way for us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.