These gentle, simple home made baked oatmeal Breakfast Bars are yummy, hearty, nutritious, and assured to maintain you powered for hours. They’re filling, kid-friendly, and full of scrumptious components like peanut butter, banana, and honey.
Why You’ll Love These Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Go-To Recipe. These breakfast bars with oats are one of many very first recipes I ever posted on my web site. Since then, a lot of you’ve got instructed me how these bars (together with Wholesome Oatmeal Cookies) have turn into a weekly staple in your houses (and your youngsters love them too!).
- Wholesome and Hearty. Overlook the cereal bars from the shop! Similar to my Wholesome Granola Bars and Peanut Butter Protein Bars, these simple wholesome oatmeal bars will assist hold you full. With protein, fiber, and wholesome fat, they fulfill for hours.
- Cozy Goodness. This soft-baked oatmeal breakfast bar recipe combines the three musketeers of breakfast flavors: peanut butter, banana, and oatmeal. It’s a trio that’s comforting, homey, and traditional in the very best manner.
- EASY! This recipe is a one-bowl surprise and is so fast and simple, your littlest bakers can assist.
That is a type of recipes you’ll flip to constantly, and it’ll by no means allow you to down!
5 Star Evaluation
“I made these bars for breakfast each day final yr!! They’re superb: hold me full all morning, evenly candy.”
— Daybreak —
How one can Make Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Outdated Normal Oats. Makes these breakfast bars healthful, filling, and barely chewy. For greatest outcomes, don’t swap for immediate oats as this may affect the general texture of the bars.
- Complete Wheat Flour. I’ll at all times take any alternative to sneak in some entire grains right into a recipe.
- Cinnamon. Heat, earthy cinnamon pairs completely with nutty oats, and creamy dreamy peanut butter.
- Banana. Provides moisture and naturally sweetens the bars (similar to in Wholesome Banana Bread).
- Honey. Helps bind the components collectively, provides sweetness, and helps the bars caramelize and switch golden within the oven.
- Peanut Butter. Provides these oatmeal bars a delicate peanut butter taste. Almond butter, sunflower seed butter (a nut-free possibility), or cashew butter may additionally be used.
- Applesauce. One other all-natural sweetener for these wholesome oat bars that provides moisture and helps bind all the things collectively. (It does the identical factor for these Applesauce Muffins.)
- Milk. Helps carry all the things collectively right into a cohesive batter.
- Baking Powder. Provides these bars a delicate rise and soft-baked texture.
- Egg. Retains these bars gentle and tender.
- Vanilla. Only a kiss of pure vanilla extract to make the bars style beautiful.
- Mix the Dry Substances. Don’t overlook to preheat your oven.
- Stir the Moist Substances Collectively. Be sure this bowl is large enough for each the moist and dry components.
- Add the Dry Substances to the Moist. Stir to mix.
- Fold within the Banana. Pour the batter into your baking pan.
- Bake the Bars. Bake breakfast bars at 375 levels F for 35 minutes. Reduce into bars. ENJOY!
- To Retailer. As soon as cooled, bars may be wrapped individually in plastic and stored within the fridge for five days.
- To Reheat. You may gently heat the bars within the microwave when you’d like.
- To Freeze. Freeze the bars in a freezer-safe ziptop bag for as much as 4 months. Let thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than serving.
Crumble leftover bars over a bowl of Greek yogurt for a tasty spin on granola.
What to Serve with These Simple Breakfast Bars
Generally a breakfast bar is sufficient for breakfast, and different days you want extra! Listed here are some concepts of what pairs nicely with these bars:
- Baking Pan. Good for making these soft-baked oatmeal breakfast bars.
- Measuring Cup. Doubles as a mixing bowl so you’ve got fewer dishes to scrub.
- Mixing Bowls. This set has a dimension for the moist and dry components.
Recipe Ideas and Methods
- Swap as You Please. Not a fan of bananas? Swap them for different recent or dried fruit. Blueberries are a beautiful substitution and raisins or dried cranberries are one other nice possibility. No entire wheat flour available? You may swap it for an equal quantity of all-purpose flour.
- Use the Proper Oats. Please don’t use fast oats or instantaneous oats for this recipe, as the feel of the bars could also be negatively impacted. Old school oats make sure the bars keep collectively and have the perfect texture.
- Costume Them Up. Whereas these oatmeal bars are positive on their very own, my favourite approach to eat them is warmed up for breakfast with further sliced bananas and peanut butter. You can additionally add chocolate chips, shredded coconut, chopped nuts, or another toppings you get pleasure from.
Place rack within the middle preheat oven to 375°F. Evenly coat an 8×8 inch sq. pan with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, stir collectively the oats, entire wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
In a separate massive bowl, mix the milk, applesauce, egg, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla.
Pour the dry components into the moist combination and stir to mix. The batter will probably be very moist.
Fold within the diced banana, then pour into the ready baking pan.
Bake for 35 minutes or till thickened and golden and a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear. Cool, reduce into bars, and serve.
- TO STORE: As soon as cooled, bars may be wrapped individually in plastic and stored within the fridge for five days.
- TO FREEZE: Freeze the bars in a freezer-safe ziptop bag for as much as 4 months. Let thaw within the fridge in a single day earlier than serving.
- BIGGER BATCH: It’s possible you’ll improve the ingredient portions by 1.5 and bake in a 9×13 inch pan for 25-Half-hour to yield extra bars.
Serving: 1(of 8)Energy: 224kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 8gFats: 5gSaturated Fats: 1gPolyunsaturated Fats: 1gMonounsaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 1gLdl cholesterol: 23mgPotassium: 349mgFiber: 5gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 133IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 104mgIron: 2mg
Be a part of at the moment and begin saving your favourite recipes
Create an account to simply save your favourite recipes and entry FREE meal plans.
Continuously Requested Questions
No. This recipe, as it’s written, just isn’t gluten free. If you want to make a gluten free oatmeal breakfast bar, readers have reported success swapping the entire wheat flour for an equal quantity of oat flour or almond flour. Be suggested that the feel of the bars might end up barely totally different nevertheless utilizing one in every of these swaps. Be sure you’re utilizing gluten-free oats too.
To be sincere, omitting the applesauce isn’t one thing I like to recommend. The applesauce each binds and moistens the bars so it’s an necessary ingredient! The closest factor I can counsel (and readers have reported success with) is pumpkin puree, although it would have an effect on the flavour. One other concept is to strive changing it with half oil and half yogurt, although I haven’t tried it this fashion, so it will be an experiment.
Probably. I’ve not tried making these oat bars vegan so it will be an experiment. I might counsel swapping the honey for maple syrup and the milk to your favourite non-dairy milk of alternative. As for the egg, you would strive swapping it for a flax egg.
Sure! Breakfast bars are a good suggestion for a crowd. You may improve the ingredient portions by 1.5 and bake the bars in a 9×13-inch pan for 25-Half-hour to yield extra bars.